Today is a very special day (It’s the New Year!) and to celebrate, I’d like to give back to all my friends and family (and strangers) whose health I always worry about. I’d like to share my absolutest favorite home remedy – Baking Soda (BS) and Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV).
Simply judging from the ingredients, you might think that this mix is acidic. Surprisingly, this tonic is highly alkalizing. This means that it turns your body from Acid to more Alkaline. It will restore the pH balance of your body. Cancer and disease thrives in an acidic environment in our bodies.
What causes our bodies to become acidic? The answers are unhealthy food, stress, and a sedentary lifestyle.
From my personal experience, here are other benefits I gain or have gained from my BS/ACV:
- no more sour-ish sweat smell
- took the edge off a voracious appetite (curious side effect: loss of appetite)
Also Read: Very Simple Tricks to Losing Weight
- cleansing / immediate bowel movement (which I like; feels totally refreshing lol)
- no more constipation
- no more stomach ulcers
- most of my white/gray hairs disappeared
- no more recurrences of UTI
- got rid of a lot of my candida (yeast infection)
- higher levels of energy
There are more reports on the Internet about the benefits of Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar. Other experts and users say that this tonic is also good for heartburn, GERD, dandruff, erectile dysfunction, and more. Others claim it is anti-cancer and anti-ageing (yes!).
Here is the exact recipe as taught to me by my mentor Kelly Colby.
- Aluminum-free Baking Soda (I use Bob’s Red Mill from Healthy Options)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (raw. unfiltered, organic with the “mother; I use Bragg from SM grocery store)
- Lukewarm water
In a glass, mix 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar. It will foam. Add water. Stir well making sure ALL the baking soda is dissolved. Drink immediately on an empty stomach. And yes, it tastes Gosh-awful.
Drink this first thing in the morning and before you sleep. An empty stomach means one hour before eating in the morning and three hours after eating in the evening. Ted of Curezone recommends taking this 5 days in a week and taking 2 days off.
I will never forget the first time I took this. I drank it first thing in the morning and went on my usual run around the park. Soon though, my stomach started churning like it was World War 3 inside, and I ran home so fast it was like dogs were chasing after me. For some, especially if you have candida overgrowth, it might have this effect on you in the beginning.
2/12/2016 Update: I’ve observed that if I go bouncing around after drinking this (like running or jumping around), I gotta go take a dump right away (pardon the words) compared to if I just sit around and do nothing.
Please bear with me. I have a lot of reminders. 😉
– I used to use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda but never was able to confirm if it’s REALLY aluminum-free. To be safe, I got Bob’s Red Mill. That and Bragg are the most recommended ingredients on the Internet.
– If you live in Manila (like me), try out Ilog Maria’s Honey Cider Vinegar too. It’s just as alive and potent. I tend to use the BRAGG ACV though because it’s more accessible.
– Before pouring the ACV into a spoon, I like to tip the bottle upside down to distribute the “mother” and keep it from sinking down.
– I recommend drinking this lukewarm because the taste seems way worse when taken cold.
– Again, it tastes bad. I told this repeatedly to my sister and the first thing she tells me after she tried it was, it tastes so bad! It does. Notice how many of the things that are good for us, taste bad? LOL.
– Do not drink if you are on a salt-restricted diet.
– Baking powder is not the same as baking soda. Do not get confused. What you need is baking soda.
– Never drink this tonic after a large meal or when you have a full stomach.
– Baking soda may reduce the level of some minerals and vitamins in the body, hence the prescribed regular time-outs.
Also Read: How I Lost Weight… For Real
If you’ve already tried this Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar, I’d love to hear about your experiences too!
Please Like and visit my FB page! If you have any questions or just wanna chat, I’d be happy to connect! 🙂